We all have those days or weeks or months when we know we should be doing something – whether it’s blogging, writing our first novel, cleaning the house etc – but it just isn’t happening.
You can tell that for me, blogging is that thing right now. Since the Christmas holidays ended, I have been really struggling to get back into the swing of everyday life – the early mornings, the school run, Mini Me 2 starting nursery part-time, Mr Me working 5 days a week leaving me to deal with cooking and cleaning and parenting whilst trying to fit the Gym in at least 3/4 times a week!
It’s safe to say I am pooped and finding time to blog is something I’m struggling with followed by having something to actually blog about. So it made the most sense to write about what I’m doing to get inspiration for future blog posts when I finally utilise my 3 free hours a day to write them…
- My first thought was “check BlogLovin” – look at what other people are writing and see if their posts inspire you to write something of your own.
- Read a magazine – depending on your niche, a magazine can inspire you in 100 different ways. Cosmopolitan is my go to as there is usually at least 2 articles in there that inspire me to write (I can’t remember the last time I actually sat down and read a magazine so this is being added to my to-do list)
- Google can help. I sometimes google “Blog post ideas” as there’s about 500 posts with generic title ideas which can inspire you or even some more eccentric post ideas. Don’t go with the first thing you find as it’s more than likely someone else has done the same thing already!
- Brain storm. Randomly sit with a piece of paper and write down all and any ideas that come into your mind whether it’s random words, thoughts or pictures. See if you have anything worth blogging about after 15-30 minutes.
- Just type. Sometimes, whatever is in your head that needs to come out can turn into the best blog post you ever had. Type for 15-30 minutes, read over it and see if theres something there you want to share and edit it into a post worth reading.
What do you do when your mind tank feels empty and you’re struggling to write a post?? Comment below!