Technically, I think I’m coming up to my 1 year anniversary on Emmie Unsigned!! I started blogging in the beginning of June last year and I feel like the year has flown by (probably because I was depressed and on medication for half of it!).
General Stats for the year:
- I’ve tried 2 medications for mental ill-health and had withdrawal because of one of them. I’m now medication and depression free although I still have bad anxiety and very dark days sometimes.
- I’ve come to the conclusion I may never be in the right place in life to have a 3rd child. I don’t know how I feel about that but I’m hoping time will tell.
- I met my half-brother who only found out he had sisters a year ago.
- I’m still determined to lose weight and certain I will be down at least a stone by December.
- I still haven’t got a job but I’m trying to be chill and just know that when it’s my time, an opportunity will present itself and things will move forward.
- Monthly Views: Avg – 608. The last few months have been quiet but I haven’t been using social media as much as I was so I need to go back to that. I wanted to get 800+ views in a month and I managed to get 835 in March so mission accomplished just not every month.
- Twitter Followers: 1391 (1,052 in December).
- BlogLovin: 121 followers (79 in December). My following has definitely slowed down but it hasn’t decreased and I still love BlogLovin so this is fine.
- BlogLovin Niche: 4,449 in Lifestyle (5,522 in December) which still works for me considering some of the numbers people have got on there.
MY TOP 5 MOST POPULAR POSTS IN THE LAST YEAR:
- Why I Still Need Medication To Be Me
- Surviving Narcissism; Betrayal and Insecurity
- You’re No Good For Me…
- 17 Things People Need You To Know About Mental Health
- FREE Beginners Workout Schedule and Log Printable
My most popular posts were mainly mental health, relationship and fitness which I love and hope are helping someone somewhere! I originally set out to be a blog about mental health, relationships and lifestyle so it looks like I’m succeeding, even if it is only on a small scale. The post about my mental health and medication has been in the top views since I wrote it so thank you for taking the time to read something so personal.
The last year has been full of very low lows, a lack of hope and a feeling of being stuck. I’ve managed to shake those feelings off mainly but they still lurk under the surface and will do until I feel something has happened that changes that.
HOW DID PEOPLE FIND MY BLOG?
My top results are still coming from StumbleUpon which accounts for just over half of my traffic, followed by Facebook at a quarter of traffic and Twitter. I still haven’t got the understanding of making Pinterest work for blogs and haven’t used SU for a couple of months so I’m happy it’s still helping.
I use StumbleUpon by “discovering” my post links on there (basically adding them) with a category and tags. I then Stumble a few times to make sure it’s really in the mix.
GOALS FOR THE NEXT YEAR
I want to keep blogging at least 3 days a week and stay relevant whilst remaining true to myself. Views matter but writing for release is just as important to me so I want to try and focus less on stats although I will stick with the Weekly Round-Up.
For those who have been following along since I started this blog, I just want to say thank you! I’m no income-earning, sponsored, every day posting blogger but I try to be genuine and organic.