GENERAL STATS OF THE WEEK (MONDAY – SUNDAY): TW// Self-Harm
- Good days: 2, Okay days: 1, Bad days: 1, Mixed Bag Days: 3. It’s been a crazy week. I met my 30yo Danish half-brother for the first time ever which was amazing. Miss 5 had a stomach bug and vomited a lot. Mr Me and I had a massive argument and I ended up self-harming for the first time in about 7/8 years.
- Books read: I’m currently reading “The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts” by Gary Chapman. I haven’t had a chance to read this week because I’ve been so busy and haven’t had a chance to charge my Kindle.
- Time’s we’ve been to the park: Four times and it’s been fun except the day Miss 5 vomited in the park!
- Items of new clothes I bought for myself: I actually spent £51 on myself, not including the £10 gift voucher I used as well! I bought 2 new tops, 2 dresses, a pair of shorts and some trousers. Now I need some new shoes.
- Days I had less than 6 hours sleep: 4… possibly 5 but I had my FitBit off for one night so don’t know how much sleep I got.
FAVOURITE BLOG READS:
- Things I Won’t Apologise For by Twenty Something Meltdown
- The Importance Of Pursuing Your Hobbies As A Mum by Mother Distracted
- An Open Letter To The Man Who Blew Himself Up To Feel Whole by Ladies Pass It On
- Things I Need To Tell Myself by Life in Blue Skies
- Create Content You’re Proud Of by The Guy on Trend
- School Sponge Cake Recipe by Food and Other Loves
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“We are all broken. That’s how the light gets in” – Ernest Hemingway
BLOG STATS OF THE WEEK:
- Most viewed blog post: Why I Still Need Medication To Be Me
- The number of blog posts sitting in my Drafts folder: 13
- Advice that I have given that I actually need to listen to: I didn’t blog enough this week to give myself or anyone else advice!
- Scheduled posts: None. I haven’t had a chance to sit let alone right. I think this is the first time I’ve opened the laptop in a week.
- A blog post that got lots of support and comments: I haven’t been promoting my blog or posts much in the last couple of weeks so not many views in general, again.
THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE ORDINARY THIS WEEK:
- Obviously meeting my brother and being witness to him meeting our dad for the first time in 28 years. That was emotional.
- I self-harmed. I didn’t use a blade like I used to but I did enough damage with my nails that my arm is marked and sore.
- We had a family water fight after some shopping and Pizza Express Lunch. That was the good part of Saturday.
- When we got home on Saturday, the wind had blown open the kitchen window, knocking over my Orchids, which knocked the hot tap on and we came home to a flooded kitchen and hallway. That was the bad part of Saturday.
How’s your week been? Let me know in the comments xo