So, every 3 months I write about my blog traffic. Previously, I was using my Jetpack stats as I messed up Google Analytics but that’s all fixed now so it should be a more accurate review!
I will never get the numbers that make people say “OMG how?! Teach me, O wise one!” but my numbers are good enough for me.
- Monthly Views: Avg – 625. I’m not really happy with that as it works out at about 20 views a day and I would prefer to have like 100 views a day LOL but saying that, March was my best month for views this year. I wanted to get 800+ views in a month and I managed to get 835 in March so mission accomplished.
- Blog Subscriptions: 33. So that was the number I was aiming for by the end of 2016 but since BlogLovin exists I find it’s kind of hard to get people following on WordPress itself (for me LOL). I probably won’t be counting this in the future.
- Twitter Followers: 1246 (1,052 in December) – So my following has slowed down a lot since last June where I managed 1052 followers in 6 months but as long as it’s growing then I’m happy.
- BlogLovin: 114 followers (79 in December). I’m totally loving BlogLovin now I understand it better and have my favourite blogs followed on there so I’m always up to date!
- BlogLovin Niche: 4,671 in Lifestyle (5,522 in December) which still works for me considering some of the numbers people have got on there.
My top 5 most popular posts in the last 3 months:
- How To Create The Perfect To-Do List
- 7 Amazing Blogs To Read Right Now
- FREE Beginners Workout Schedule and Log Printable
- How To Get Fit Without Joining A Gym (Or Paying a Monthly Fee!)
- Why I Still Need Medication To Be Me
My most popular posts were mainly how-to guides and fitness which I love and hope are helping someone somewhere! Considering I only wrote the blog promo post in the last few weeks, I hope those blogs are getting the credit they deserve with all those extra views LOL. The post about my mental health has been in the top views for the last 6 months so thank you for taking the time to read something so personal.
The first 3 months of the year have been a mixed batch of ups and downs with lifestyle adjustments; lots of uncertainty and not much excitement. I’ve struggled to make time to blog but I feel like I’m slowly getting there! Hopefully, the next 3 months will see more posts, more views and more online friends because there’s so many amazing people online.
How did people find my blog?
My top results came from StumbleUpon which accounts for a massive 70.5% of my traffic, followed by Facebook at 20.6% and Twitter at 5.4%. I still haven’t got the understanding of making Pinterest work for blogs and actually thought most of my views would have come from Facebook so this is an interesting surprise.
I use StumbleUpon by “discovering” my post links on there (basically adding them) with a category and tags. I then Stumble a few times to make sure it’s really in the mix. I also use one Facebook SU group to share my links in but I think I will be finding a few more after seeing those results! Without the Facebook group, I don’t think SU would have worked so well for me.
My organic searches are still low but I think that’s because I have a lot more work to do on my SEO understanding.
Goals for Q2
I don’t really want to add any more pressure to myself than I already do so I think I would just like to maintain my views, keep posting, keep sharing and see where it goes. My blog will be a year old by the time I do my next stats update so it will be interesting to see how that year has gone.
What is your top tip for getting more blog traffic? Share in the comments below!