I came across this article by The Beesy Bee while browsing Pinterest a while ago and as much as I found it informative, I also thought it was a little bit “meh”. I’m sure I can make this more fun as well as informative (and maybe even get sent a nude in the process when someone declares I’ve converted them to the wild side of sleeping naked!). Plus, I have way more reasons than those:
- Firstly, SEX. If you’re anything like me, than you generally enjoy a good old fuckfest. As sexy as lingerie is, you are way more sexy (and your skin is free!) and access just became a whole lot easier. Bare it all and let the neighbours know yours, his or her name! More orgasms anyone?
- PJs are generally not sexy unless they are specifically for that purpose. Plus they make you hot and a hot vag/penis is not generally a comfortable one. Let go of those onesies and flannel PJs and let the vag/penis BREATHE. (do remember to wash your bedsheets more often though)
- Everyone loves that night when everything is fresh and clean. New fitted sheet; new duvet cover and fresh pillow cases. Now imagine that but times by 10. That’s sleeping naked in clean bedding. A human bed sandwich.
- Sleeping naked can actually be beneficial to your relationship because skin-to-skin contact releases oxytocin which makes you feel good, in turn helping you to feel happier with your other half. Plus, who needs an extra reason to cuddle, spoon, touch and… you know the rest.
- By now, you know I sleep a lot. I can’t help it – depression combined with these new meds make me tired all the time so the least I can do is have the best sleep possible and sleeping naked helps with that. Sleeping naked allows for a better body temperature when it comes to sleeping, possibly helping you to have a deeper sleep. If you get too hot while you sleep your cortisol levels tend to get high and stay high, even after you wake up. This can lead to increased anxiety, cravings for bad food, weight gain, and more shitty things that nobody wants.
- Sleeping with clothes on makes you grow old faster. Legit fact. Crazy right?
- I’ve had thrush multiple times but not even once since I started sleeping naked. If you’ve never had thrush then trust me when I say – YOU DO NOT WANT THRUSH. EVER. For men, the cooler sleeping conditions keep your sperm healthy and your reproductive systems functioning as normal. For women, the cooler and more airy sleeping conditions help prevent thrush. Do everything to prevent thrush. Sleep naked.
- If you’ve ever experienced a heatwave, then you know that if you don’t have some sort of air-con then sleep can become somewhat of a myth because it’s just too hot. Sleeping naked can help with this – less sweat, less tossing & turning and you can at least feel that 1mph warm breeze flowing around the room.
- See all those healthy life guides that say go to bed by 10pm and wake at 6am because you need 8 hours sleep? And you’re like “well why? What’s the worst that can happen?” Sleeping helps human growth hormone release into your body which can contribute to weight loss and muscle growth. Ladies & Gents – if sleeping naked allows for a better nights sleep which allow for HGH to be released then let’s all get buff and go to sleep no?
- LIBERATION. Because our bodies are beautiful and all that freedom is just YES!! Boobs just hanging out, vag/penis feeling the breeze and life has never felt better than it did in that moment you laid back, spread your legs and was restrained by nothing. You are wearing air. You didn’t spend a penny. Nothing feels better than that!
If you’ve liked this post, or any others, please don’t forget to click to subscribe on the left hand side now! You might also like this post about Guilt Sex or being an Attention Whore.
You can also find me on Twitter and BlogLovin.